Friday 1 April 2011

CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS NO. 1 CHALLENGE - APRIL 2011



Well here it is our first Crafty Individuals Challenge, and here are the guidelines:


CHALLENGE GUIDELINES

To enter this month’s Crafty Individuals Challenge please put together your project, following the subject material outlined below (your project should include at least one Crafty Individuals product please), then:

Post your challenge project on your blog, before the 26th of the month, and include a link back to this blog,

Leave a link in the URL box to take us directly to your challenge project, etc. – which will then appear here on this blog as a thumbnail image – so we can all see your wonderful work.

At the end of the month the CI team and/or guests will set about choosing five lucky participants, each of whom will win a CI rubber stamp of their choice.

Go for it and enjoy the challenge x


CHALLENGE SUBJECT MATTER

The first challenge will be a straightforward one based around 'SIMPLY SQUARES' and I have some inspirational projects to show you to get you going.


My first offering is my own, and is a little framed 'seaside' image, using the lovely Tando frames - soon to be available on our website.


 Then I have a lovely suncatcher to show you by Ginger


A card by Jo Capper Sandon


A card by Tassy


  And lastly for today two cards by Isabelle




All very different, and lovely projects based around the same subject 'Simply Squares'.

So do give it a go!

I am trying out a way of posting your images (fingers crossed it works for me) using 'InLinkz' (thanks Isa),  posting is available from 1pm on 1.4.11, ending at 12.59am on 26.4.11

Jean x



28 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Jean, this is so exciting, a C.I. challenge. Noted all the details and looking forward to getting to work :)
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous DT work.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Great to see a CI challenge as I just LOVE your products!! so I am excited about joining in. Thankyou!
Some great artwork and inspiration too.
Jennie

Isabelle Norris said...

Hi Jean,
it works no prob (you're zee best!).
I just tested it, you can delete it if you want.
Thanks for a fab challenge, I'll and visit everyone later
hugs
isa x

Anonymous said...

It all looks very exciting. Fabulous inspiration pieces.
Regards Florence.

Lesley Edmonds said...

Ooo lovely - looking forward to taking part in this.
Lovely work by the DT by the way!
Lesley x

Netty said...

Loving the DT examples and of course yours.....lol
Am going to put my square thinking cap on....... Annette

G Peplow said...

Hi, this is wonderful, great inspiration and CI products, Yay, now I've got to get thinking, Thank you!! :0) xxx
p.s Lots of scope with squares!

G Peplow said...

But I still may need to borrow Netty's square thinking cap LOL xxx

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous Samples and great to see Tando is getting around XOXO Zoe

Daniele said...

yay.....challenges featuring my fave stamps, looking forward to joining in lovely inspirational work from the design team
hugs and best wishes

Kirsten Alicia said...

These are all beautiful. If I can get my act together & start up my blog again, I might just give this challenge a go.

Vicky said...

What a great challenge...& lovely inspirational projects, too.
I love the CI rubber images, so it will be fun to play along :) Thanks

Dolly Daydreams said...

So pleased to here my favourite stamps will be challenging me lol. Great work by the design team.

Marie

Willy said...

Thanks for this new challenge and the inspirational DT samples!

Dragon said...

Woo fabtastic!!! How have I missed this??? Well I know now, so off I go to put my square hat on!!! Great DT wirk, btw
Frankie
xx

cheryl said...

brilliant work from the team so glad too see a challenge with your stamps they are some of my fav,'s ever must get my thinking cap on hugs cheryl xx

Sherry said...

I love all the examples and have enjoyed your first challenge - looking forward to more! (I've just added my link)

Sharon xx said...

Challenge help required please:
Hi Jean, ummm i linked my entry to the chalenge earlier today but then noticed a small red x next to my pic on here. When I clicked it it asked me about deleting it. Whoopsy, so I deleted by mistake..then i have just re linked and entered only to see the red x again!! Help. Its my first challenge enrty, ever, am I doing somthing wrong.
Please help

Sharon x

Lynne K said...

Wonderful samples, and already lots of brilliant entries. This is shaping up to be a fantastic challenge!

In reply to Sharon's query, I think the red X is just there to give you the option to delete your entry if you wish, eg. if you've changed your mind about it. You will only see it next to your own entry because of course you don't have the authority to delete anyone else's. So don't worry, you certainly haven't done anything wrong. (And your entry is stunning!)Hope this helps.
Lynne x

Sharon xx said...

Thanks Lynne, I thought I had put a wrong link or done something wrong lol. And I didnt know who to ask, I only started my blog last week, so managing to attach a link to another blog challenge was a miracle!!
At least I know its not a problem now. Thank you. Sx

Sarah said...

So very glad and excited to see the blog. Great that the challenges are monthly - time to play...looking forward to more.
Sarah

The Sparkly Fairy said...

So pleased you are running a challenge! I love using your products. I finally opened a parcel that I'd ordered a while ago to find you had sent me some free stamps!! Thank you so much and look forward to future challenges.

donna said...

Thank you for starting this challenge and for all of the wonderful examples...Donna

Margaret R said...

This challenge is a great idea! Lovely to see how people use the stamps in so many different ways.

Unknown said...

Fantasic news to hear you had a blog and a challenge. I've just entered using one of your gorgeous butterfly stamps (borrowed, but it might not be returning to its owner!!)

Alison said...

Great first challenge Jean, & so much wonderful inspiration from the team!
Alison x

Bianca Kalksma said...

Great to discover that there's a Crafty Individuals challenge! I love the stamps and every time I buy some and can't choose:) But I want to use them more and more so I am very glad that there's this challenge!