Thursday 15 March 2012

OFF TO WHITBY - BUT BEFORE WE GO ....

Malcolm and I are off to Whitby on Saturday for a week.  During this time we are running two days of workshops, as those who are signed up to the website mailing list will already know.  I haven't mentioned the workshops here on our blog as they became fully booked very quickly - which is great for us of course.  I have made two quite substantial projects for the days that I'm pretty pleased with and hopefully the ladies attending will enjoy.  I will be able to blog one of them at least on our return, and just snippets of the other one, as this particular project will then be going off to Traplet for magazine publication, therefore I won't be able to show you the whole thing.

Because of our Whitby visit I won't be blogging until our return, and as Mother's Day here in the UK is nearly upon us, I thought I had better show you a few more projects that I have (in addition to Sue's lovely book in the last post), with a Mother's Day theme in mind, before we go.

The first two are cards by myself - the first was made when I finally had a chance to play with our new hearts element plate CI-342 for the first time - its a great set of stamps for layering up as well as creating backgrounds.


I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix Cabinet Card die to made the corrugated card itself and added a frame charm and some torn calico ribbon that I had spray dyed and stamped plus a sentiment from CI-256, which is a very useful stamp!  I also popped a beaded heart stick pin through the little central heart.



Hearts are such pleasing shapes to work with.

Next I have been having quick and easy fun with nested dies.  This is a very simple card made with some X-Cut nested dies which I must say are excellent value for money and widely available (my set was £7.99 from The Range). I cut two of the larger squares, scored one of them near the top and bent it back, and then glued the top edges together.  This then makes a lovely standing card.


I used an image from our Nature's Beauty mini book for the main frame.


Now I have another gorgeous hanging from Lynne of Adorn made especially for Mother's Day -


Lynne has used the hearts stamp again in the background stamped onto fabric -


With a 'People and Places' mini book image in the centre frame.


And I'll just add a little postcard again by Lynne, which would also be rather apt for the same occasion.


And as hearts and corrugated card seems to be the flavour of tonight's post - here is a delightful card by Isabelle incorporating CI-338 beautifully....


Hope you have enjoyed checking out that little lot?!  Thanks for all the continuing kind comments which I love reading.  Have a great Mother's Day - has anyone told my own boys by the way???!!

Back in a little while.

Jean x

13 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Jean these are all gorgeous projects. I hope you and Malcolm have a lovely time in Whitby. Lee x

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

beautiful lot !

Paper Paradise said...

Love all of the gorgeous projects, made even more beautiful with the CI images. Have a fab weekend, wish I was coming too! Look forward to seeing the photo's. X

Elaine said...

Great projects, love that hearts card, I really need those stamps! Have a fab time in Whitby, I wish I could be with you on the workshop, I am sure it will be a real pleasure. Elaine x

Redanne said...

Jean, all the projects are stunning, I really like that corrugated card and it looks like it works really well with the nesties too. Have fun in Whitby.

Florence said...

Beautiful projects. Have a great time in Whitby.
Regards Florence x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Both of you have a wonderful time and yes, lots of photographs on your return please!
The addition of the heart stick pin is so cute and beautiful the way you layered the hearts. This is such a versatile set, I recently used it for my sister and BIL's anniversary card, working to a collage style, any style and those hearts will adapt.
Wishes
Lynne

Kirsten Alicia said...

Lovely projects. Have a great time in Whitby.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous projects, I must get those hearts. I hope Whitby goes well and I am sure your boys will remember Mothers day! xx

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous makes... I only wish I could pull off what Lynn did with her postcard into a scrapboook page - I WILL try but...

Daniele said...

Getting excited two days of pure pleasure crafting in Whitby so looking forward to the trip, even my Mum is coming with me to have a look around the area with my hubby a real family affair, gorgeous creations
hugs

Ephemera said...

Hi Jean, what gorgeous projects from you talented DT. I do love that heart stamp it is fab. Have a great time in Whitby. xx

Sally H said...

Beautiful creations, Jean! Hope you have a great time in Whitby. Eat a 'lemon top' at the foot of the steps for me!

by the time I've managed to work out the word verification you might be back home, lol!