Friday 1 June 2012

THE JUNE CHALLENGE BEGINS:


Challenge entry by email from Gail Tasker:


Our bi-monthly 'June' CI Challenge starts today and the theme has kindly been chosen by Daniele. We hope you are all itching to have a go and join in as we would like to see loads of lovely entries please.  The only rule is that you must use at least one Crafty Individuals product in your project, and you need to be linked in by midnight on 25th June this time.  Daniele will then choose 5 'winners' who will be able to pick a CI stamp of their choice as a prize.

The topic this time is 'A Summer's Ball', and is open to your own interpretation - the options available to you are pretty limitless really, as you will see from the 'inspirational' project pieces sent over by the team.  I will display these over my next few posts, staring tonight.

......

CHALLENGE GUIDELINES

To enter this month's Crafty Individuals Challenge please put together your project, following the subject material outlined above (your project should include at least one Crafty Individuals product please), then:

Post your Challenge project on your blog, before the 25th of the month, and include a link back to this blog.

Leave a link in the URL box to take us directly to your Challenge project, etc. - which will then appear here on this blog as a thumbnail image - so we can all see your wonderful work.

Towards the end of the month the Challenge leader will set about choosing five lucky participants, each of whom will win a CI rubber stamp of their choice.

Go for it and enjoy the challenge x

......

Now I have some projects based on 'A Summer's Ball' theme to start the creative process going, and I will begin with Daniele's own piece which is an adorable, beautifully crafted fan:



And of course every lady attending the ball also needs a little purse, as well as a fan, to keep her rouge and powder in.  This is a very pretty purse by Paula -



And as well as a fan and a purse a lady also needs a gift bag for the Pimms!!!  This is my gift bag -


And lastly this evening I have a gorgeous hanging by Helen to adorn the walls:




Lovely ladies!

Back soon with more - so get your thinking caps on and do play along!

Jean x

p.s.  Must also just mention that I was very kindly asked by Sarah Engels-Greer to be her June calendar gal - and Sarah would be delighted I'm sure if you would go and pay her blog a visit.  As well as some info on yours truly, Sarah has some other fabulous works of art on display.

p.p.s. Have a lovely Jubilee weekend all.  Apparently there are 1500 miles of bunting on display across the UK right now!

16 comments:

Florence said...

All the projects are absolutely beautiful.
Regards Florence x

chrissie said...

Wonderful art work by the designers-all so creative and original

xxx

Annie said...

What fabulous creative and inspiring pieces. Hope to play along. TFS x

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oh my goodness, these are the most exquisite pieces I think I have ever seen! Don't know where to start. Daniele's fan is so original; I never would have thought of that,

Lucy x

nefertiti said...

Wow, it's absoluty fantastic!!!!bizz

Marianne said...

Stanning projects!! Very lovely.
Hugs,
Marianne

Sophie said...

Meine Güte, wie wunderschön ist das...

Was für Ideen, was für Farben...
Es ist traumhaft schön.

Liebe Grüße

Craftyfield said...

Wow, fabulous projects!!! I cannot believe the amount of cutting out involved in Helen's wall hanging. Obviously more patient than me !

Sid said...

Fab creations !!

Florence said...

Hi Jean, Is there something wrong with the link on the side bar to Daniele's blog?? I can't seem to get it to work. The one in the post works. Just thought I would mention it. Hope you dont mind.
Florence x

Sam & Poppy said...

Fabulous samples, loving the challenge theme!
Wishing you a lovely day,
Sam x

Crafty Loops said...

Ohhhh what a fabulous challenge topic, I best get my thinking cap on! Beautiful interpretations from everyone. Lee xx

Rita said...

What great samples from the DT. I should have looked at this months challenge before I sent my order. Senior moment methinks. Hugs Rita xx

Craftychris said...

Glorious Projects! xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW This is my first visit to your blog and I am blown away by the fabulous creations on here. I will definitely be back and I am now following.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

kjjc said...

fabulous theme and beautiful creations so far.