Thursday 20 July 2017

A QUICK CATCH UP.....

Thanks for your kindness and support with the recent Hochanda shows, sales were good, and we were very pleased with it all.  The studios, presenters, staff and other demonstrators were delightful, and Lesley and I had a very pleasant couple of days in the Peterborough area, as the following day, Saturday, we had a day out in a rather lovely local town, before driving back home later in the day - lots of coffee and cake were enjoyed of course!!

I have just received the pretty seaside image below from Sandra, so I thought I would start with this tonight - love the painted background, and the youngsters enjoying a day out, all very enticing.  Aaaah I can almost hear the waves, the seagulls and smell the salty air...


Anyway back to the Hochanda shows and Christmas, lol, and I will pop below the beginnings of some of the samples I had with me, so you can see the details more closely....

Here is the one by Willy that appeared on my last Facebook post, and is defo worth another look as it is gorgeous ..


.....and here are the same girls but in an assembly by Flo - just adorable! ...


Here is Sandra's version - another real beauty!...


Followed by Sylvie's colourful and bubbly interpretation....


My final make for this evening is the little folding Christmas book I demoed, made with our lovely houses and trees die cut sheets. I enjoyed making this creation immensely, and putting the images behind the little windows and doors. Here it is folded up....


Here it is opened out....


A detail....


 ... and even the back is decorated....


I joined all the pieces with the low tack masking tape before decorating with our brand new issue of A4 background sheets.  How about making one for your family for Christmas, you could even pop family images of your own behind the doors and windows?!

Thanks for looking!

Back soon,

Jean x
 

16 comments:

Craftychris said...

Wonderful samples! I loved your shows - so much inspiration, thank you so much! xxx

Gerrina said...

Super show! (Watched it ;ater) Sp inspirational! TFS!

Craftyfield said...

That Christmas book is fabulous Jean! I loved all the samples on the show and the demos too...

Aquarius said...

Really enjoyed the shows - glad you had a good time and good sales

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

your stamps are awesome !

Dortesjs said...

ohhh I love this stamp with the umberella and kids. and your christmas book is very sweet to.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

The shows were fabulous Jean and I really enjoyed watching your demos, especially the one with the houses on. Some wonderful samples here too from my talented teamies. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Pat said...

What talent Jean and all so full of interesting techniques and beautifully designed and coloured. TFS. x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jean, what wonderful cards, I love Sandra's jolly seaside creation and the children with the umbrella cards are fabulous, one of my favourite stamps, all designed and coloured beautifully.
I so enjoyed your shows and loved the demos, great inspiration from you and your team, Kate x

Anne said...

I managed to catch my first ever show of yours and thoroughly enjoyed it! PLEASE can you make your own tutorials on all the different techniques you use with your products? I don't have the funds/space for mixed media but I LOVE the look you create using papers and stencils, it's a good in-betweeny! Super stamps, gorgeous papers and amazing creations by one and all. Thanks for a feast of beauty and inspiration!

Florence said...

Gorgeous seaside card from Sandra. Wonderful show Jean. Really enjoyed watching it. Super house project. The masking tape idea is simply brilliant! Want to have a go at one of those. Fabulous Christmas projects from everyone. Lots of lovely and inspiring ideas.
Flo x

Dora said...

wonderful projects. Beautiful.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing inspirations!

nefertiti/Sylvie said...

All is wondeful!!! the samples, the shows, thank you Jean!
Hugs, Sylvie

Cocofolies said...

I didn't have time yet to comment on this, but what a fabulous set of makes for Hochanda!!!!!
Especially your fabulous and adorable 'houses' project Jean... :)
I was in real awe when I discovered it during the shows. Huge congrats to you. Every thing and moment was great!!!
and glad to hear that your sales have been good
Hugs xx

Willy said...

I loved watshing the show Jean what a beautiful makes and you did a great job!!