Friday 23 September 2011

A BUSY WEEK IN SEPTEMBER.....

I've been wanting to blog all week, but it just hasn't happened.  My sons have safely returned from a 10 day holiday with my brother in Los Angeles (as previously mentioned), and then its been a mad dash to get them ready for beginning of a new year at Uni.  Well (thank goodness) tonight I'm in on my own and can put a little quality blogging time in (funny how you get hooked on blogging - I would have never believed it possible just last year).

So this evening I have several beautiful projects to show you as follows:

I recently spotted some great stuff on Ephemera's Attic blog, using a variety of Crafty Individuals' products as the main images.




All quite different to each other and very yummy!

Then I fell in love with this card that Joanne Wardle made with our sewing elements stamp CI-328 plus words from CI-277 - so simple and so inventive:




Also lovely Isabelle has sent over a couple of images that I can show you.  The first one is a canvas, which is just gorgeous ...


And the second is a calendar made with one of our Portrait Style Tags:


And I liked this idea soooo much I just had to make one myself:


A little bit OTT perhaps?!, but that is how I am feeling at the moment - being in a very pretty, girly, flowery, kind of a crafting mood, and using coloured sprays to dye everything in sight too.  I am also in the mood for making little gifts, with Christmas in mind, and this idea fitted the bill perfectly (with more ideas to come).  So why don't you join me in preparing for a 'home made' Christmas this year - and let me know how you get on with your present making plans.

And here is a close-up:


Thanks for the fabby idea Isabelle!

Finally do check out the lovely entries so far in our September 'Hanging About' Challenge.  If you haven't got too much on this weekend you might just have time to get an entry together, with the chance of winning a CI stamp of your choice.  There are just over 2 days to go from now to link in your entry, so why not give it a go, we would love to see your project up there!

Bye for now,

Jean x

10 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Theres not a thing wrong with OTT in my book Jean, this is beautiful. I love the fabric flower trim, Im in the process of attempting to make my own similar trim....Im slowly getting there. As I make so many flowers I cant let this one beat me, lol. Your project is beautiful. Im off to have a look at the other blogs you mentioned. Lee (Ps. I have a big blog candy up for grabs if you fancy a peep) xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Jean
A fabulous array of CI artwork. Ephemera's Attic is a Blog I love to visit as her artwork is always created with beauty and full of inspiration.
The calendar tag is a great idea and I like the OTT version :)
Thanks for sharing.
Wishes
Lynne

Sid said...

Fab crafty makes !!

Zuzu's Blog said...

I love Ephemeras Attic' blog. Paula makes beautiful things.

Joannes little card looks simple but its very cute with the detail of yarn on the bobbins

Nice selection from I sa too. been doing Calenders this week too (thanks to Isa)

Lucy Edmondson said...

What gorgeous work!

Lucy x

Isabelle Norris said...

Beautiful work!! (all samples)
LOVE your calendar tag Jean... OTT is fine!!Glad you liked the idea, I'm going to make more myself (whenever I find the time)
hugs
isa

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful projects. Looking forward to seeing the Christmas ideas.
Regards Florence x

Margaret said...

These are all gorgeous creations. I don't think I could pick one as being a favourite. Well done ladies!
Margaret xx

2amscrapper said...

fabulous art from some fabulous people!

nefertiti said...

Bravo à toutes!!!!!!!
Fabulous Work!!!bizz