Friday 13 March 2015

ANIMAL WORLD CONTINUED.....

I'm back again with more Animal themed makes to tempt you to join us on our Animal World Challenge link up! Entries so far can be seen in all their glory HERE!  Gorgeous!

Sylvie is our challenge leader this time and she has made a glorious technicolour canvas with many animal features within plus lots of texture.  She has also kindly given us step by step photos and instructions below (with apologies for her English - which is really good - my French is rubbish, how about yours?!)...

- Apply various Fresco finish paints on the canvas with a piece of cut and dry.
- Use the "Floral Grid" mask and apply gesso over, in different parts of the canvas
- Repeat the same thing with circles and after when it's dry, inked with Distress inks.
- Make cutouts with various dies (sweet flying bird, delicate dragonfly, floral branch and elegant swirl dies).
- Add a layer of gesso over.
- And over the flowers (Tando creative)
- Add some glimmer mist in various colours + water
- Use various Izink inks and various Silks Acrylic Glaze over the elements
- Add some treasure gold in different colors
- Use Distress vintage photo for inking the edges of canvas and give relief
- I also  used the CI- 213 (venetian crackle) on the background with Archival ink, especially on the edges.
- Stamp on white cardstock the animals ( CI- 220, 390, 410, 372, 373) cut out .
- Color the animals with gelatos and water
- Glue on 3D on the canvas
- Add a layer of glossy accent over
- Finally I added roses and leaves



This is her make in all its final glory..



And here are the steps in photos...




















Thanks for all the wonderful techniques you have shared with us on here Sylvie - fabulous!


Coco has joined in with a beautiful scenic and fun creation of her own, in her new journal...


A double paged spread again sporting lots of CI scenic touches...








And finally for tonight a fabulously and deliciously colourful animal box by clever Gio....







Wow!!


Thanks for tuning in,


Back again soon,


Jean x

11 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely projects by the designers again jean. I love the seaside ones - the beach huts and seaside vintage lady are some of my favourite stamps Julie x

Irena said...

My favourite is the penguins on the beach, nice bit of irony. I love this blog,always so inspiring.

Dagmar said...

Oh wow - what fantastic works of art!!! They are fantastic and i love the colourful creating!!!

Craftyfield said...

They are all fabulous, well done ladies!

Unknown said...

I love Sylvie's colourful canvas. It has inspired me to get out the crafty individuals animal stamps I own and play with them.

Cocofolies said...

Hi Jean, Sylvie and Gio both have made fabulous makes!!! I love this lush scene created so well by my friend Sylvie, and the box by Gio is just wonderful wow... Love love all these projects around the theme chosen by Sylvie, and thank you for sharing mine too! :) As you know I love my pages too and the idea of creating an Art journal with my CI stamps mainly... Hope the following will be enough good to be shared again :D
Also, your last card with tags was also very beautiful Jean.. Sorry to have not left any comment, it was not easy for me to connect last week. Have a lovely week-end! xx

Dora said...

stunning!!!

ionabunny said...

Wowzer, beautiful to see all these lovely stamps together. Such gorgeous art. Hugz

nefertiti/Sylvie said...

Gorgeous projects from my friends Coco and Gio!!!! I love their creativity!!!!!!
Bises,
Sylvie

Scrapmate said...

These samples are awesome in colour and content.

CastleKelly Crafts said...

3 stunning pieces of artwork x