Monday 4 July 2011

DRESSMAKER'S SHOP FRONT IN PINK, CREAM AND BROWN

As promised here is my offering for the CI July Challenge - I hope you like it - do let me know (I certainly loved making it)!


With a couple of close-ups:



And now I will give a few instructions on how I went about making it ....

I used a little wooden compartment tray which you will find on our website on the 'Must-Have's' page HERE.  I covered the tray in the Tim Holtz tissue tape (from my own stash), which I then lightened by painting all over with thin gesso, and a touch of pink acrylic paint.  In one of the sections I added a 'false bottom' - by making a simple box/tray from cardboard, which I covered in CI background paper (top left) and I decorated this section with ribbon and charms as shown.  The other sections were also decorated with lace, ribbon, and flowers and then a stamped corset and a stamped parasol from CI-306 were added, to top right and bottom left, plus stamped and cut-out words from CI-258.  I finished off the last section - bottom right with a painted wooden reel and ribbon and another charm.  Then I glued thin cream trim around the top edges as shown, with a bow to the centre.

I cut a piece of strong card on which to mount the box with a section at the top to hold the 'Dressmaker' ad from CI-322, and I cover the card with coloured thin card.  When I had glued the dressmaker ad in place I added a couple of flowers and a bow.

I then decided that the box needed doors.  So I cut these out of the same coloured card with an extra folded section added on that I could then glue to the sides of the tray.  I used the stamped door hardware from CI-304 to add decoration to the doors.

To finish my shop front I added the two lovely ladies (coloured with my trusty Copics) again from CI-322, some ribbon around the doors and the top of the ad (and to hang), and some dangly brown shell trim as pictured.

Give it a go folks - its fun, fun, fun! (We would love to see your results!)

I was going to show you a couple more lovely 'team' challenge projects as well tonight, but here I am having yet another late night (just toooo many late nights recently - these computers just eat away the hours!), so I'm going to save those for next time around (soon!).

Blog followers total just crept over 300 - thanks all - I am so honoured!

Bye for now,

Jean x

31 comments:

scrap joanny said...

oh my lord - this is so great - a really pice of Art !!! I'm speekless !!!!! xxxx hugs from Poland

Joan said...

Oh Jean, this is just fantastic, love everything about it, those ladies are just beautiful

shirley said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the details....going back for another look!

Netty said...

Oh wow this is totally beautiful and a great showcase for your new stamps. x

patty said...

i love it, its great!!!!!best wishes, patty

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a lovely peice of art to wake up to Jean. Even Better is knowing that some of these stamps are winging their way to me ( I am keeping some before they get into the shop this time)
I can't take part in your challenges IF all the stamps are sold can I ?

Vicky said...

How very beautiful, I especially loved the addition of doors, very clever, and a gorgeous way to showcase your wonderful images :)

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Its a beauty. You can tell that you enjoyed making it - its perfect!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

And there I was worried I'd used the wrong pink lol
This is VERY clever indeed.

Fliss said...

Wow Jean! This is just stunning. Love all the little details and the stamping and colouring is fabulous!
Fliss x

Daniele said...

stuuning Jean and so many different pieces and details to look at
hugs

Sid said...

A fantastic creation Jean, love the 3D effects and all the elements you have used !!

Paper Paradise said...

One word......STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!x

Sam & Poppy said...

It's really wonderful Jean!

Vintage Milly said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful, gorgeous peice of work, thanks for sharing,
Em.x

Aquarius said...

This is absolutely fabulous and such a lot of detail.

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just stunning,love love all the wee elements you have added to this must have taken you ages but oh so worth it,could look at this all day hugs cherylx

hazel said...

Fabulous! Such a lot to look at.
xxx Hazel.

Kim Woods said...

Absolutely beautiful! I adore all the little details and intricacies... truly a work of art!

Anonymous said...

Such a very clever idea with gorgeous results. Stunning!
Regards Florence.

Margaret said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the bits and pieces that you've used, so much detail. You're an inspiration :o)

Meggymay said...

Wow, absolutely fabulous.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Jean
That thud was me falling off the chair as I looked at your art. This is so fabulous with such amazing attention to detail.
I definitely want to shop there!!
Wishes
Lynne

Sue said...

This is wonderful Jean. I bought one of the wooden trays from you ages ago in case you stopped selling them but I just haven't had any ideas on using it. This is just what I needed.

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Wow Jean!! This is absolutely lovely. There are so many little details to enjoy!
Siobhan

Ephemera said...

So beautiful, I just love the attention to detail. Exquisite.

laury55 said...

just fantastic...love all the elements and the new stamps

Lucy Edmondson said...

It is absolutely wonderful, Jean,
Just blogged with the new birdcage.
Lucy x

2amscrapper said...

wowzers! This is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Like it?? I LOVE ♥♥♥ it.Stunning. Love your new stamps too. S xx

Gerri Herbst said...

This is amazing! Love that vintage style!