Friday 15 July 2011

JUST A QUICK POST, AND A CONFIGURATION BOX

Malcolm and I are off to lovely Northumberland for a few days - hopefully to photograph castles amongst other things (however the weather forecast is awful and I'm full of cold - so it will be interesting!), therefore this is a quick post to show you what I did with a Configuration box that I have had in my stash for a while.  Thought it was about time I used it in a Crafty Individuals sort of a way!

I have had a problem with these as up until now I have always felt that the cubby holes were a bit on the deep side for me, so eventually I decided that I would make false bottoms for each one (at different levels) out of card, and I was happy with this format.  Then to decorate I used tissue tape all over the box, softened with a thin layer of gesso.  I covered the false bottoms with CI Background Papers, then added charms, flowers, buttons, glass bottle, bobbins, lace, ribbon, images from our Domino Glossy Sheet and stamped images from our Elements Stamp Plates.  I used our Crackle Stamp embossed in gold on the top edges and on the flourish, and finished with more ribbon, trim, bows and flowers.  I then had a 'brainwave' and used two little bobbins as the feet.

Hope you like it?!




Keep linking in those Challenge Entries whilst we are away.  Thanks everyone.

Jean x

20 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The false bottoms are a great idea. It is lovely to see a Configurations box made with Ci products and not TH ones - much softer and prettier to my eyes,

Lucy x

Margaret said...

This is fabulous!! Love the way that you can get so much in the little cubby holes, even with false bottoms (wish my bottom was false,I'd leave it in the drawer every morning hehe) :o)

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Wow! What a lovely box. I too had great trouble using one of these boxes for the smae reason, too deep!
Enjoy your break!

Lynne K said...

Wow! Stunning! Gorgeous colours. The false bottoms are a great idea. Love the bobbin feet! Hope you have a lovely break.

Lynne x

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous. So much attention to detail - love the feet.
Enjoy your weekend.
Florence.

2amscrapper said...

Yes, I like it a lot! Have a wonderful weekend.

Vintage Milly said...

Oh this is wonderful, I love that crackle stamp, I have got to get that, have a lovely weekend,it is beautiful up there raining or not,
Em.x

Sid said...

Simply gorgeous Jean, what a great piece of crafting ! Have a great time too !!

Sam & Poppy said...

WOW! Totally inspiring Jean! Have a lovely weekend away. Sam :o)

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just stunning the detail is just amazing,love it to bits,hugs cheryl xxxx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Jean
I am positively swooning at your creation as this is right up my street.
I wasn't particularly drawn to those boxes as anytime I saw them in use it was TH style. You have put your own stamp (sorry for the pun) on the box.
Wishes
Lynne

Ann B said...

Beautiful piece, love the soft colours and the idea of using cotton reels for feet - so much cheaper and prettier than the TH metal feet.

Karen said...

So lovely! Nice to see a different take on these configuration boxes, and to see the CI stamps in action. Beautiful balance of elements.

Sue said...

Fantastic Jean all the elements work perfectly together. I love it.

Cindy Adkins said...

I LOVE it! Fabulous! I just discovered your lovely blog. I'm an Anglophile, living in Ohio USA. I envy you living in the north of England! I've never visited, but one day...love your art!

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is completely GORGEOUS.

Ephemera said...

Beautifully crafted, lovely shades of blue and purple. I much prefer the vintage style rather than grunge too! x

Anonymous said...

That is stunningly wonderful

crealinedance said...

Hello,beautiful project.Gr.Nel

Carol Plume said...

Your box is stunning! its fantastic to see everyone's interpretation on them, all so very different - and the CI papers work really well...Great looking scroll too...