Friday 3 February 2012

OUR FIRST CHALLENGE OF 2012 STARTS TODAY ...

A little late, but not too late all things considered, to give you the details of our now bi-monthly Challenge - the first one of 2012.  However before I begin I must just mention that the new issue of Craft Stamper is again featuring lots of lovely projects to feast your eyes on, and also has several great articles concentrating on different ways of using CI products by Louise Crosbie - Zuzu's, Helen Chilton, and Riet van Zundert.  There is also a mini project by me too.  You can order a copy of Craft Stamper from us HERE - definitely a 'must-have' item in your crafting life.

Anyway back to the Challenge for February - Malcolm is in charge this time, and Malcolm just loathes Winter!  So he has chosen the theme of 'Spring' which you can interpret in your own way as long as you incorporate one or more Crafty Individuals products in your design please.  We would be sooo happy if you can join us this month to kick off 2012 in true crafting fashion - so no excuses, just get those fingers inky and your craft table messy, and play along with us - there are prizes to be won!

You will be able to submit your designs up until midnight on 28th February using the usual inlinkz tool and I will paste the general guidelines below:

.....

CHALLENGE GUIDELINES

To enter this month's Crafty Individuals Challenge please put together your project, following the subject matter outlined in this post (your project must include at least one Crafty Individuals product please), then:

Post your Challenge Project on your blog, before the end of the month, and include a link back to this blog, then leave a link in the URL box to take us directly to your Challenge Project, etc., which will  appear here on this blog as if by magic, as a thumbnail image - so that we can all see your wonderful work.

At the end of the Challenge the CI Team and/or guests will set about choosing five lucky participants, each of whom will be invited to choose a CI rubber stamp from our large range.

Go for it and enjoy the Challenge x

.....

And now I have some inspiration for you to get you thinking:

My own offering today is a little stage set - the Tall one, from Tando - which you can purchase on our website HERE:


A floral fantasy in which I have used pages from our 'Shades of Summer' mini background book, hand dyed silk ribbons, and lace and images from 3 of our rubber 'Elements' plates - CI-292, CI-206, and CI-329, plus some hand dyed muslin and stick pins.



Had great fun with that!

Next I have 2 very pretty cards sent over by Kim Woods where she has incorporated elements of CI-334 in the first card, and the whole of CI-320 in the second one:



Nice colours Kim!

A springtime butterfly lady is our next offering from Lucy Edmondson, so very joyful Lucy!


Lucy has used our Springtime Background Book plus stamps CI-235, CI-258 and CI-108 in her 'flight of fancy' project.

Helen Chilton has decorated a slide mailer to make a very pretty springtime gift for a lucky lady:


Helen has incorporated pages from our mini books plus stamping from CI-226 and CI-207 here.

Now I have a delightful creation from Sue at Paper Paradise -


Always loving Sue's work - and all I'm going to say here is that she has used lots of our stamps (I've run out of linking puff!) in a totally 'Spring' hanging.

And my final images tonight are from Carol (Ginger), who has come up with an amazing creation using the word 'Spring' in an interpretation of her very own - Wow!



A very unique use of CI-333 - very Steampunky and springy!!!

Now its over to you - looking forward to seeing your 'Spring' ideas.

Back again soon,
Jean x

16 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Im completely with Malcolm.... I hate winter too, lol. What a great challenge and I love all the projects, they are beautiful. Lee x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Such wonderful, beautiful projects! I am desperate for some warmer weather. I was out in the garden earlier & the daffodils are appearing, so Spring is on its way, which makes this challenge perfect.

Netty said...

Great subject choice especially as we are all suffering from the cold. Wonderful pieces shown. x

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oh Wow, the others have made some amazing artwork! I love Spring and hate Winter, so bring it on!

Lucy x

Maggie said...

Some amazing art again from the DT, love your tag Jean, yes I'm with Malcolm I hate winter and look forward always to spring....its snowing here just started and -6 Brrrr....and thats in the south midlands...ope its better where you are!

Will be back to play

Maggie

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

What fabulous projects from everyone ........not one bit of dreariness in any of them makes me look forward to the coming spring x

Florence said...

What fabulous projects. Great theme for the challenge. My favourite season.
Regards Florence x

Daniele said...

not much spring happening here at the moment as its snowing, but the inspirational project help to cheer us up
hugs

Craftychris said...

Wow all the projects are awesome! Not sure if I will be brave enough to enter the challenge! xx

Bianca Kalksma said...

WOW!! The first one is really great, so really beautiful! The spring-collection is also really beautiful. All of the creations are really beautiful! I don't like winter too, although today it's very sunny (and cold) so I am looking forward to spring too :) let's see if I can make a creation with this theme :)

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Jean
So good to have you back and also to see you creating such incredible art. Have you any idea how long I been sitting studying the detail on this!!!
Great DT samples.
Wishes
Lynne

Unknown said...

Just uploaded my entry. I just wanted to say how much I love the stamps I bought from you in January. I've made a few projects using them already:
http://izzy-izzwizz.blogspot.com/2012/01/birdie-birthday.html
http://izzy-izzwizz.blogspot.com/2012/01/stamping-sketch.html
http://izzy-izzwizz.blogspot.com/2012/02/kings-and-queens.html
There's a sewing one too, but I haven't blogged it yet. Anyway, thanks again and I'll definitely be back for more!

Kimbo said...

Thanks for the great challenge. Got me using some different techniques and now my CI stamps are out of storage, they'll be well used

jayneyd said...

Great inspiring work from every1 Jean. Thanx for sharing. Pop over to my blog @ jayneyd.blogspot.com for a special thankyou. Hugs, Jayne xxx

kjjc said...

great challenge-now all I have to do is work out how to add your logo to my side bar-heeeeelp!!

Sue said...

Yep! I totally agree with Malcolm. Lovely projects as usual and so inspiring.