Sunday 28 August 2011

AUGUST CHALLENGE RESULTS .......

A bit late I know - but such a busy weekend!  My eldest son (aged 20) has gone off to a music festival in Croatia (worry, worry!), and demanded my full attention beforehand, and Malcolm has just returned from a photography workshop up in far Scotland with the amazing Bruce Percy - if any of you, or yours, are interested in photography do check his website out - it is great stuff!  Then this afternoon we had a little trip to Whitby (love Whitby!) - bought some gorgeous vintage lace bits, some pretty buttons, and a carved wooden buddha type thing for the garden.  My house is sooo full of arty stuff, I've had to move on to filling up the garden now!

Anyway I'm sure you want the results not a potted history of my weekend - so here goes.....

Our fantabulous Helen Chilton was in charge of this challenge, and as I can't put it better myself the following remarks and comments are in her words:

'Really struggled to choose just 5 of these - there are so many great entries. In the end, I went for those that had really gone for it colourwise - the brightness just shone out even in the thumbnails. So, here goes':


  • 27  Paula - just beautiful - look at the sky!

  • 19  Ann B - Love the colours in the background with the watery effect and the envelopes pick out each colour. Also the miniature bathing beauty!

  • 5  Elaine - the colours just stood out behind the beautiful old ruin!

  • 29  Alipeeps - Amazing range of background colours all pulled together with the flourish!

'Hope that's okay! There were loads I could have chosen - they were all beautiful, so I went for the ones with vivid colours that worked.'

And how bright and beautiful they are - don't you agree?  Thanks Helen for making the difficult decision, and please ladies can you email us at info@craftyindividuals.co.uk with your choice of stamp!

Lovely Lucy Edmondson is in charge of the September challenge, starting on 1st September, so we hope you can join us again folks.

Have a fun bank holiday - if you live in the, rather wet, UK!


Jean x






11 comments:

Ali said...

Oh wow, thank you so much! Thrilled to bits to have been picked as a winner! :)

I loved this challenge... just goes to show how versatiles Crafty Individuals stamps are that you can use them with such bold and bright colours. :)

Ali

Vicky said...

Congratulations ladies, I also loved the theme of bright & beautiful, & loved seeing what everyone came up with :)

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Superb choices, congrats to all the winners. Very worthy indeed. Thanks for a great challenge CI!

Daniele said...

wow what stunning Bright beautiful creations all worthy winners
hugs

Ann B said...

Wow, I'm one of the winners!!! Thrilled to bits as a relatively new to blogging this is the first CI challenge I have taken part in and have only entered 'fun' challenges before (and then only 2 of them). Congratulations to the other winners, it is great to be in such talented company.
Thanks Jean and Helen - off to browse the shop and pick my stamp - may take me an hour or two to decide as there is so much I want/need.

Lucy Edmondson said...

What amazing winners! Well done everyone. Hope you will join in next month too!

Lucy x

Sam & Poppy said...

Wow! Thank you! A lovely surprise when turning on my pc this morning. Huge congrats to the other winners, I think all the entries were bright and beautiful :o) Sam xxx

Sid said...

Fab work everyone & congratulations on your wins !!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Congratulations to all the winners.
A wonderful display of Brights & Beautifuls.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the winners. Super projects.
Regards Florence x

Ephemera said...

What a lovely surprise, have just returned from my hols to discover I'd been chosen as a winner, thank you so much. Congratulations to all the other winners and entrants, XXXXX