Wednesday 9 October 2013

IN AUTUMNAL COLOURS ......

We already have some entries in the October Challenge which you can view HERE, and the weather is turning increasingly Autumnal where we are, with a very cold wind blowing this evening.  After such a lovely Summer it is quite a shock to think that Winter is heading this way.  I thought that with the nip in the air and the trees now changing colour we might focus on team projects supporting the Challenge in Autumnal colours this evening.

With a fun approach towards travelling in style, Gio has had the fabulous idea of 'altering' sleep inducing paraphernalia - and the eyelashes are just fabby!



I think she will cause a bit of a stir on the plane in these, but oh so cool!  Various masks have been used here with sprays I think, and the addition of parts of CI-248, Patchwork Birds and Flowers, stamped over the pattern.  Really nice idea Gio!

Then still by Gio we have a 'gruesome' medicine cupboard for Halloween - but as it is in Autumn colours too I will picture it below -



Poison and Danger CI-360 features chillingly inside here!

Plus a textural card using masks and dimensional paste - a great technique!


Brenda is being very creatively Autumnal with a card full of meadow grasses and flowers -


And a tag too -


'Build a Meadow' used beautifully here!

Sylvie has created an Autumnal angel below using the same stamp, plus our new little angel from CI-396 -



And my final piece of this evening is this fabric delight from Helen -




Gorgeous - bedecked with a tree element from CI-287!!

Thanks all - and please keep those Challenge entries coming in folks ....

Jean x


9 comments:

ionabunny said...

Great projects yet again. Gio's mask is hilarious. Love the fabric tag

Sid said...

Jean, your designers really do some fab and arty stuff !!

Craftyfield said...

Gio's creations often have a sense of fun ! Love the mixed media card with all the stencilled layers and Sylvie's textured tag too...

Cocofolies said...

Wow ! ALL is soooooo gorgeous !!!! Congrats to everyone !! Coco xx

Marianne said...

Ahhh They are so lovely!!
thanks for the inspiration!!
xxx Marianne

rachel said...

stunning - I had to pop over and get the build a meadow set - stunning xx

laury55 said...

fantastic work and so creative

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

I love all projects. The travel set is stunning, great idea. Card and tag are beautiful... And the wall hanging too.
I do not like spiders (yesterday my husband dropped me a huge spider on my laptop... so when I opened to switch it on there was a 'surprise' waiting for me! he fills like Halloween already...) but I like the idea to decorate the key cupboard :)

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oh wow what amazing art and amazing ideas! Gio's originality and fun blows me away, but really all the other pieces are spectacular too!

Lucy x